The Only UK Fertility Clinic That Provides Expert Couples Fertility Testing In 1 Hour
Couples Fertility MOT
This unique service allows couples to visit one of our world class fertility clinics for a range of tests, which enable us to give comprehensive fertility testing and diagnosis.
The MOT includes:
- A detailed ultrasound scan for the female partner
- A semen analysis for the male partner
- Check height & weight, his is to check your BMI as being underweight or overweight could be affecting your fertility.
- Talk through your medical history, note any existing medical conditions, including your gynaecological history, and explore any known problems that could be relevant.
- Take your blood pressure as this is a good indication of general health which is very closely linked to your fertility health.
- Finally, a joint consultation to discuss the results with a clinician, and takes only 60 minutes.
The ultrasound scan takes about 20 minutes and can be performed on any day of the cycle. It is used to look at the ovaries and the number of follicles within them, as well as assessing the quality of the womb lining, making sure there are no obstructions such as cysts or polyps and checking the blood flow to the follicles and uterus. The semen analysis assesses the density, morphology and mobility of sperm; abstinence most be observed for 2-5 days prior to the appointment.
After both partners have had their appointments, they come together with the clinician for a joint consultation. The clinician will discuss the results, give advice for optimising fertility and answer questions.
Who is suitable for the Couples Fertility MOT?
- The Couples Fertility MOT is designed for people that just want to check their fertility and at most get some advice on optimising their lifestyle for fertility.
- If you have already had fertility treatment or are seeking fertility treatment, it is more appropriate to book an Initial Consultation and Scan. This is because the purpose of an Initial Consultation and Scan is to develop a treatment protocol for you. This is not included in the Fertility MOT.