The Only UK Fertility Clinic That Provides Expert 1 Hour Female Fertility Testing
Female Fertility MOT - £275
Our female fertility health check takes just one hour and includes a detailed assessment scan and consultation. Ultrasound scanning is the foundation of our approach, we have pioneered the usage of ultrasound to provide a detailed and accurate insight into fertility, negating the need for more invasive testing or repeat visits. Our Medical Directors Professors Stuart Campbell and Geeta Nargund are world renowned experts in the ultrasound field.
- The scan is internal and takes around 20 - 30 minutes.
- It can be performed at any time in the menstrual cycle.
- The clinician will assess your ovarian reserve by looking at the follicle (developing egg) count and ovary volume. They will also check how healthy your uterus, ovaries and follicles are by examining the blood flow to each of them. Finally, the clinician will make sure that any problems that may affect your fertility such as ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids and polyps are identified.
We also check your:
- Heigh & Weight - This is to check your BMI as being underweight or overweight could be affecting your fertility.
- Medical History - Note any existing medical conditions, including your gynaecological history, and explore any known problems that could be relevant.
- Blood Pressure - This is a good indication of general health which is very closely linked to your fertility health.
The results will be available immediately after the scan, and the clinician will go through these with you in the consultation part of your appointment. The results and their meaning will be explained to you and you will have a chance to ask any questions. If they feel that you would benefit from further investigative tests they will recommend these to you. If you would like to check your tubal patency, we also offer HyCosy at the clinic.
*Please note MOTs are only suitable for women under the age of 45.
What is the benefit of advanced expert ultrasound scans?
- Egg reserve – is assessed more accurately and qualitatively. This gives information about your biological clock and the ability of your ovaries to ripen eggs.
- Blood flow to ovaries and follicles – can be checked with Colour and Power Doppler. It gives indirect information about the quality of eggs, and if you later seek treatment, potential for response to drugs in IVF and the risk of OHSS
- 3D assessment of uterus – it is a non-invasive method to check your womb. We can identify any polyps, fibroids or any other factors affecting implantation and causing miscarriage. Using this non-invasive method reduces the need for hysteroscopy for diagnosis.
- Blood flow to the uterus and lining of womb – if blood flow to your uterus and lining of womb is good, you are more likely to implant embryos and less likely to miscarry.
Who is suitable for the Female Fertility MOT?
- The Female Fertility MOT is designed for women that just want to check their fertility and at most get some advice on optimising their lifestyle for fertility.
- If you have already had fertility treatment or are seeking fertility treatment, it is more appropriate to book an Initial Consultation and Scan. This is because the purpose of an Initial Consultation and Scan is to develop a treatment protocol for you. This is not included in the Fertility MOT.
To book your Female Fertility Test, please call us on 0333 2407 300
[Reference: Simon M. Kelly, Povilas Sladkevicius, Stuart Campbell, and Geeta Nargund Investigation of the infertile couple: a one-stop ultrasound-based approach Hum. Reprod. (2001) 16(12): 2481-2484 doi:10.1093/humrep/16.12.2481]