20 questions to ask an IVF clinic
- Do you tailor (individualise) IVF treatment for each patient?
- Do you offer Natural, Mild IVF or IVM?
- How do you decide which treatment is best for me?
- What are our chances of success in your clinic?
- Have any patients been admitted to hospital with OHSS or other complications from your clinic?
- What are the risks to my health with IVF treatment at your clinic?
- Do you accept women who have low egg reserve and high FSH or low AMH?
- Which tests would you advise prior to IVF cycle?
- Which tests do you advise during IVF treatment?
- What is the cost of one full treatment cycle & are there any hidden costs?
- Do you have a 24-hour telephone line in case of an emergency?
- If there is a need for admission to hospital, who will take care of me?
- Why are your success rates higher or lower compared to other clinics?
- Do you treat NHS patients?
- Why should we come to your clinic for treatment?
- How is your clinic different from other clinics?
- Do you perform egg collections at weekends?
- Are you open 7 days a week?
- Do you have evening appointments?
- Do you have a waiting list?
Deciding to undergo fertility treatment is a major decision that involves emotional, and financial, commitment. Once you have discussed your infertility problems and determined their possible causes the next step is choosing the best fertility clinic for you.
Ultimately, your choice will be decided by your feelings after visiting the clinic for the first time, but there are other important factors to consider and you should take your time and explore all the available options before making a final decision.
During your treatment cycle it is likely that you will visit the clinic regularly. Finding a clinic close to home will reduce travel time and costs, as well relieving the pressure during what can be stressful times.
CREATE Fertility has two conveniently located London clinics in St.Paul's and West Wimbledon. We also have clinics in Bristol, Hertfordshire and Birmingham.
Range of treatments
Assisted conception treatments differ from clinic to clinic and not all of the 88 clinics registered in the UK offer all of the treatments. If you have been recommended a specific treatment, you will need to ask prospective clinics if they carry out the procedure.
It is also worth finding out what storage facilities are available if you decide to freeze eggs or embryos and if there is access to donor sperm, eggs and embryos.
CREATE Fertility provides a full range of infertility treatments with an emphasis on Natural and Mild techniques of assisted conception
Cost of treatment
Cost is often a deciding factor for many couples. Every clinic should offer detailed information on their current charges, including any additional costs for drugs or supplementary tests.
CREATE Fertility always keeps costs to a minimum and offers free IVF to egg sharers.
Although success rates should be treated with caution, you will want to know that your chosen clinic has a successful track record.
Be aware that not all clinics use the same criteria for measuring fertility success rates and that some clinics will only accept younger patients in order to increase their averages. It’s important to ask how your prospective clinic measures success rates, specifically to the treatment you are considering.
CREATE Fertility has a successful track record in providing treatment to all patients with infertility problems
Size and facilities
It is important that your clinic has all the facilities required in order to avoid traveling between different sites for treatment. Visiting the clinic before you decide will give you a feel for the environment.
CREATE Fertility offers free open days where you can visit the clinic and see our facilities
Finding out about the staff will help give you an impression of their experience and expertise. As well as being professional it is important that you feel comfortable with staff who are thoughtful, sympathetic and sensitive.
CREATE Fertility offers tailored, patient-centred treatment under the guidance of world renowned experts in their respective fields
Counselling and support
By law, all HFEA licensed clinics must offer therapeutic and implications counselling before you consent to treatment. This allows you to discuss exactly what is involved in the treatment and how it might affect you and those close to you. Some clinics also offer Patient Support Groups.
At CREATE Fertility, support underpins everything we do.