Consultant & Director of Ultrasound
Professor Stuart Campbell is a pioneer of Ultrasound Diagnosis in medicine and has introduced many new techniques such as the routine pregnancy scan, the early diagnosis of fetal abnormalities, the assessment of fetal growth and wellbeing and ultrasound screening for ovarian cancer.
He holds numerous international honours and has recently introduced 3D scanning to the UK and set up the first 4D Ultrasound Clinic.
Stuart Campbell is also:
- The former Academic Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at both Kings College Hospital and St George’s Hospital Medical School, London
- The first President of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG)
- Editor-in-Chief of the Scientific Medical Journal ‘Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology’
- Responsible for pioneering the screening for pre-eclampsia by uterine artery Doppler
- An Honorary Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Doctor of Science of London University